OZARINTSY HOLOCAUST VICTIMS / 1941
The following database was created by Miriam Weiner (Routes to Roots Foundation) from archival data collected and printed in 1997 by A.N. Kruglov (a historian from Kharkov). The 90-page stapled booklet is entitled “Murder of the Jewish Population in Vinnitsa Oblast in 1941-1944.” The information and data comes from archives and publications throughout the former Soviet Union.
The killings by Nazi soldiers occurred on the following dates in Ozarintsy:
- July 20, 1941, 43 people men were shot
- July 23, 1941, 8 men were murdered
- July 25, 1941, 28 men were shot and killed
The above murders were witnessed by:
- Yankel Shisman (son of Shmuel)
- Khuna Stulbert (son of Grigory)
- Boris Vainshtok (son of Aron)
Data Included for Each Person
Each entry includes the first and last name of the victim and (usually) their father’s name and the complete death date.