The archives in Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Poland and Lithuania have agreed to periodically review new or corrected information submitted to this website. This process could take several months. Upon confirmation of the accuracy of the data by the relevant archivists, the updates will be made to the database.
We regret that we are not able to accept new/corrected information for local towns halls or local vital record offices (Urzad Stanu Cywilnego in Poland; ZAGS offices in Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus and Lithuania) because of the large number of these offices (several thousand). Therefore, please limit your corrections to the government/state archive in each of the foregoing five countries and the Jewish Historical Institute in Warsaw, Poland.
To make corrections/additions, please use a separate submission for each archive.
Your submission should include:
- • Name of archive and city where located
• Type of documents concerned (i.e., birth records, census lists, etc.)
• Years involved: (specific years -- not general span)
• Fond/Opis/Delo numbers for each type of document
- In your e-mail, please insert "database revisions" in the subject line.